Wednesday 22 April 2009

Thursday's child!

There's an old rhyme that goes something like this:

Monday's Child is fair of face,
Tuesday's Child is full of grace,
Wednesday's Child is full of woe,
Thursday's Child has far to go,
Friday's Child is loving and giving,
Saturday's Child works hard for a living,
But the Child that is born on the Sabbath day,
is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

I myself am a Thursday's child, and I can say that I have gone far - I moved to a number of towns and cities in South Africa, spent time in Australia and am now living in South Korea, and  intend to go even further than that if I can. So, by coincidence, is my daughter, who is with me here and intends to stay with me as we roam the world teaching English.
My son is a Sunday's Child - supposed to be blithe and bonny and good and gay. Well, he has had his share of grief, but generally he tends to be fairly good, however, the blithe passed him by completely. He has a hairtrigger temper that has flared up to his cost a number of times!

So, the question, do you agree with this? What's your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment