Monday 20 April 2009

Pika and dreams


Rain, pika in Korean, which is falling even as I write this, driven by a rampaging wind, has stripped the cherry trees of most of their blossoms. Luckily the leaves have taken over, and cloak the tree in a verdant green, as can be seen from this picture.
The building operations, once the trees were moved, are now at the measuring and marking stage - theodolites everywhere! However, the rain is sticking a spoke in that wheel, and all is quiet today.
I'm not sure if it was the rain drumming on the roof last night, or something I ate, but I had an unusually vivid dream in which I was on a date with Liam Neeson (I wish!) to see a movie, and at the theatre we ran into a particularly obnoxious person who I detest (in the dream) for always name-dropping, so I make a great point of introducing him to Liam. At this point, however, Liam runs away, shouting that he is not Liam Neeson, but S L Lee. I pursue him, thinking that I have now violated his privacy, and when I catch up with him, that is indeed what he admits - that S L Lee is his alias for when he just wants to spend time as a normal person. And I woke up.
Now here is the interesting thing - if you do a numerology analysis of Liam Neeson, S L Lee and Leonie Overbeek, they all add up to 8. So is Liam Neeson actually my alter ego? Or do I just wish he was?

No comments:

Post a Comment