Thursday 9 April 2009

gremlins

You all (if you are old enough) remember that cheesy movie about little furry creatures who, when they get wet, take on evil characteristics and multiply?
Well, it seems that they have been working on my case with both hands and a steam shovel!
My sister finally got the documents we need for the E2 visa renewal out of the South African authorities and shipped them off to me via TNT couriers. Hooray, right?
No - when I now entered the tracking number on their website, I saw this disquieting status - shipment not received, recovery steps in progress. Timed at Singapore on the 9th of April at 12:53. It is now the 10th of April, 9 or thereabouts my time. 
Getting duplicates issued is out of the question, at least within the time frame available. My only hope is that the package will be found and delivered before the 15th!
That aside, I find that in general life at the moment is on one of its periodic downslopes - I have a bad cold that has now developed into laryngitis, we've just completed a huge tussle with ABSA about Sean's money and we had my dad's illness and operation followed by my cousin's death.
This is one of those times when you just hang on to the surfboard and hope you find the exit to the wave tunnel you are in before it collapses and pushes you under! Cowabunga!

No comments:

Post a Comment