Wednesday 6 May 2009

The soundtrack of your life

What would you consider the soundtrack of your life to have been?

By that I mean, if your life was a movie, what songs, by which artists would feature prominently? Who features in your personal top ten?

I must say the two artists who say most about me and my life are Billy Joel and Carole King. Listening this morning to Billy Joel sing 'A Minor Variation' just brought it home to me again. Then I must add a more contemporary element in Maroon 5, who are poets of the failed relationship and the complexity of the human experience. Add to the mix a touch of Haydn and a generous dollop of Mozart, backed all the way by the rock stars of the sixties and seventies such as Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, the Beatles, etc. and you start getting some idea of what I'd sound like.

But - deep down, at the heart, the music that brings a smile, gets my feet tapping and sits at the core - country! As my current favourite country singer, Trace Adkins, says: Ladies love country boys! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment