Saturday 30 May 2009

Clothes

The temperatures here are finally in the 'sweaty' range, which meant that I could pack up the winter clothes for storage and break out the summer clothes.

One product that I have finally found to do the job it is advertised to do is the vacuum storage bag. I bought these last autumn and packed away my summer clothes in them, and have just used them for the winter clothes and bedding. What a pleasure! A whole closet full of stuff reduced to a single shelf!

So this morning was a check and discard sort of morning - what did I not wear during winter? Toss it out! I suppose all of us make these impulse buys. We walk past a clothing store and see a blouse, jacket or shirt in our colour scheme, and we buy it. Sometimes these work our really well - a jersey in brown with big purple and green leaves on it has turned out to be my favourite this past winter; but sometimes they are disasters. A green blouse with rhinestones and a belt just under the bust is definitely going out!

Yesterday in Iteawon I did shop for shoes, so out with some things and in with the new. I bought some sandals for all-terrain, wet or dry conditions (you know the ones with the velcro straps and plastic soles), and some lightweight sneakers in green and blue checks - very funky. I also got a speedo one-piece swimsuit to frolic around Caribbean Bay in once Sean gets here.

Basically I am now all set and the summer clothes are hanging on the dryer, ready to start wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment